Back to School Routine
It’s no secret that school mornings can be stressful. Getting your child up, dressed, teeth brushed, breakfast eaten and out the door in time can seem a bit overwhelming and set the tone for your day and your child’s day. So, make it enjoyable and stress free.
One way to make the morning less stressful is to do as much as possible the night before.
In our house this is what my nighttime ritual looks like:
- Pack lunch and keep bag in fridge to easily grab in the morning
- Set out clothing and leave them on the living room chair
- Pack the backpack with everything it needs, , school work, permission slips, special forms for school
- Shoes by the door
- Keys on the hooks
- Breakfast items set out or easily accessible in the fridge
- Milk cup at a level my kid can reach it so he can grab it while I’m still waking up
In the morning:
- Get dressed
- Make breakfast
- Pack lunch bag in backpack
- Brush teeth
- Out the door
As you’ll see most of the work happens the night before so we can enjoy our mornings and get out the door on time?
How do you ensure you get out the door on time? I would love to hear your tips and tricks below.
I hope you and your child have a great first week back to school.
photo from: freedigitalphotos.net