Are you considering hiring an organizer for your next project or move? Here are 10 questions to ask before you hire an organizer. Over the next few weeks I will explore each one a little more with additional thoughts, tips and tricks to hiring an organizer that works for your style and your needs.What kind of projects do you typically work on?
- What kind of projects do you typically work on?
This will help you gain understanding of their expertise
- What services do you specialize in?
Closets? Tech? Office? Find someone that understands your specific needs
- How long have you been organizing?
Are they just starting out or do they have years of professional expertise?
- Do you have past or current clients I can contact as a reference?
There is no better information than from someone who has worked with them.
- Can you describe your organizing process?
The process will help you understand what to expect in a session.
- What is your fee structure?
Different project are priced differently. Make sure their structure works for you.
- What is your cancellation policy?
Do they charge? How far in advance do you need to plan?
- Describe your typical client like?
Helping you gain an even better understanding of expertise and interests.
- Are you insured?
Just incase, you never know what might happen.
10. What professional associations or certifications do you hold?
Being active in the profession and on top of trends is important.